Spanish Classes Are Back – January 2020
We’re excited to announce that we’re offering group classes again for conversational Spanish beginning the week of January 20!
Our classes focus on conversational Spanish using a specially designed curriculum, which is customized by the teacher according to the participant levels and needs. Learn to speak Spanish with your neighbors or coworkers, or for your travel plans or just because it’s been a lifelong dream.
Different levels are offered for a 10-week session and a notebook is included. The price is $185 per person per class.
- Beginner one is for those who have never had Spanish or had it many years ago and need to brush up on the basics of Spanish. Simple conversational skills are included in this level.
- Beginner two is for those who have recently had a Spanish class or have some knowledge of verb conjugation and simple sentence structure.
- Advanced beginner is for those who understand verb conjugation and sentence structure but are struggling to put all of it together when speaking. This is for the person who can do the exercises on paper but do not seem to be able to get those sentences out in a timely matter when in conversation. We will work on building those conversational skills in typical day-to-day settings.
- The intermediate level is for those who can have casual conversations and would like to improve as well as increase vocabulary and verb tenses.
Classes are offered in the evenings for 1 hour. If 8 or more people sign up then we increase the class time to 90 minutes for the same price.
Beginner 1 – Tuesdays 5:45 or Wednesdays 7:15pm
Beginner 2 – Tuesdays 7:15 or Thursdays 5:30pm
Advanced Beginner – Wednesdays – 6:00pm
Intermediate – Thursdays – 7:00pm
What You Can Expect
YLC teachers do more than just teach a language, they build relationships among the students in the class. We work with you to make sure the setting is ideal for learning and making mistakes, which is what you need to do to learn a language. Our teachers create a comfortable environment when they are on-site at a school or a business.
Materials created with the end result in mind
Personalized, fun, and interactive language classes where you can connect with others
Cultural sensitivities also reviewed during class – to give you the extra knowledge you need to communicate effectively
Some of the Lancaster area businesses and organizations that have benefited from customized classes follow…
- Water Street Ministries
- Lancaster County probation officers
- S June Smith center
- Philhaven CADD staff
- Rivera Physical Therapy
- School District of Lancaster
- Ames Reese Inc
- Vallorbs Jewel Company
- Steel Systems Inc
Contact Us Today To Sign Up!
YLC Is Known For…
- Developing individualized course curriculums based on the needs of the students/clients
- Recognizing that most students want to learn a language so that they can communicate effectively — so, our approach is more conversational than educational/curriculum-based learning.
- Having fun while teaching phrases and sentences that are actually useful!
- Exceeding our client’s expectations and becoming their language service provider of choice.
We Loved Our Family Language Class!
Family Spanish was an awesome experience for the whole family. The kids had a great time learning a new language through activities and playing games, and Mom and Dad were also challenged to learn a new language and vocabulary. Learning a new language was also a great way to spend time together, both in class, and practicing at home. ~Sandra Mayers