Did you know Your Language Connection provides private, public, and customized language classes? YLC teachers do more than just teach a language, they build relationships among the students in the class.
All About Language Classes
Here’s What You Need to Know:
- Beginner one is for those who have never had Spanish or had it many years ago and need to brush up on the basics of Spanish. Simple conversational skills are included in this level.
- Beginner two is for those who have recently had a Spanish class or have some knowledge of verb conjugation and simple sentence structure.
- Advanced beginner is for those who understand verb conjugation and sentence structure but are struggling to put all of it together when speaking. This is for the person who can do the exercises on paper but do not seem to be able to get those sentences out in a timely matter when in conversation. We will work on building those conversational skills in typical day-to-day settings.
- The intermediate level is for those who can have casual conversations and would like to improve as well as increase vocabulary and verb tenses.
What You Can Expect
YLC teachers do more than just teach a language, they build relationships among the students in the class. We work with you to make sure the setting is ideal for learning and making mistakes, which is what you need to do to learn a language. Our teachers create a comfortable environment when they are on-site at a school or a business.
Materials created with the end result in mind
Personalized, fun, and interactive language classes where you can connect with others
Cultural sensitivities also reviewed during class – to give you the extra knowledge you need to communicate effectively
- Water Street Ministries
- Lancaster County probation officers
- S June Smith center
- Philhaven CADD staff
- Rivera Physical Therapy
- School District of Lancaster
- Ames Reese Inc
- Vallorbs Jewel Company
- Steel Systems Inc
Contact Us Today To Sign Up!
YLC Is Known For…
- Developing individualized course curriculums based on the needs of the students/clients
- Recognizing that most students want to learn a language so that they can communicate effectively — so, our approach is more conversational than educational/curriculum-based learning.
- Having fun while teaching phrases and sentences that are actually useful!
- Exceeding our client’s expectations and becoming their language service provider of choice.
Our instructor is fun and remains professional when instructing or correcting our pronunciation of Spanish words and in sentences. I started this class virtually but switched to in person which works better for me and our teacher plus making some new friends within our class. I am enjoying myself while learning a new language.
In-person and Virtual Classes
Classes will begin the week of January 16th and run for ten weeks. The availability of each section is subject to a minimum number of students enrolled.
ASL (American Sign Language)
Beginner: Thursdays | 5:15 – 6:30 pm
Intermediate: Thursdays | 6:45 – 8:00 pm
Tuesdays | 7 – 8:15 pm
Wednesdays | 5:30 – 6:45 pm
Thursdays | 9:15 – 10:30 am
Tuesdays | 5:30 – 6:45 pm
Thursdays | 10:30 – 11:45 am
Advanced Beginner 2 :
Wednesdays | 7 – 8:15 pm
Wednesdays | 6 pm -7:15 pm
ESL (English as a Second Language)
Tuesdays | 5:30 – 6:45 pm
Wednesdays | 11:15 am – 12:30 pm
Wednesdays | 5:30 – 6:45 pm
Wednesdays | 9:15 – 10:30 am
Thursdays | 5:30 – 6:45 pm
Tuesdays | 11:15 am – 12:30 pm
If you’re interested in Arabic, French, Italian or Mandarin, please send us a note about the level you’d like to take and your availability so that we can schedule a time for that class. (You can have Michelle’s e-mail or a contact form pop up for the word note.)
Are you looking for one-on-one or customized instruction? We do that too! Just send us an inquiry.
Early registration helps us reserve a location and secure an instructor!
Register now and save!
If you register by December 26, 2023, the cost is $285 for the ten week session.
If you register by January 9, 2023, the cost is $300 for the ten week session.
If you register on or after January 10, 2023, the cost will be $325 for the ten week session.
Language learning is fun, conversational and interactive, which means you’ll make plenty of new friends in our language classes. If you’d like to bring friends or family along to join in the fun, we’ll offer a $15 discount to everyone who signs up together!
Ready to Sign Up?
We’re excited you want to take a class with us. Pricing is great too! Classes start at $300 per class, $25 off if you sign up with a friend or have taken another class with the previous year. *There must be at least 5 paid students registered or the class will be scheduled for a later date. You will receive an email before the class begins.
We make it super easy for you to register for language classes!
3.You will receive the class details and a message from the teacher at least one week prior to the start of class.
A Conversation Cafés allows for language learners to get together and practice their target language with one another over specific, topics that come up in everyday life. An instructor will begin the café with a quick review over vocabulary and/or the grammar structures that are that days focus.
Friday from 12 pm – 1 pm every other week